ASTA is excited for the opportunity to see our members in person again! Participants who come to the live event will have additional benefits, from in-person, socially-distanced opportunities with attendees and potential speakers, to the evening Welcome Reception on Sunday, to a variety of networking experiences in Washington, DC. Best of all, registering in-person is risk-free in terms of registration costs, which are fully refundable if your circumstances should change. A virtual-only registration option is also provided at a lower cost.
ASTA is carefully monitoring developments related to COVID-19 as it pertains to regulations, guidelines and event logistics to ensure the health and safety of our event participants. A final determination on the format of this year's Policy & Leadership Development Conference will be made on or around April 14, 2021 and will be subject to the ongoing opening phases of the city of Washington, DC.
Unless we are prevented from doing so due to government restrictions, ASTA is currently planning full-steam ahead for an in-person conference. Our event will be held, regardless of the format in which it must be delivered. Further information on the event format will be communicated once available. We have already taken steps to ensure that CDC guidelines will be followed for all participants' health and safety, including the following:
- Masks will be required at the event.
- Daily self-assessment health screenings will be offered and proof of screening shown will be required at the entrance daily.
- Daily temperature checks will be provided.
- Hand sanitizer and wellness kits will be provided.
- Meeting space will be planned for social distancing and food service will be modified for maximum safety.
- ASTA will offer full cancellation with refund should you or your close contacts become ill or have exposure to COVID-19.
- Options for virtual participation are also offered.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME
- ASTA requests that you provide your mobile phone number within your registration so that we may send in-person attendees a daily health assessment each morning of the live event, to check for any new symptoms that any attendee may be experiencing.
- If possible, please bring your proof of vaccination card with you to the conference.
- If you are not vaccinated, there is a free resource to complete a cost-free, at-home COVID test prior to your departure to the conference. You can request yours here.
- Once on-site, attendees will be asked to show their proof of completion of the very brief daily health-assessment (which will be texted to your phone each morning). Attendees will also be provided a choice of color codes for your badge, indicating either "green," "yellow" or "red" to immediately and non-verbally communicate to those around you as to your comfort level with proximity/social interaction. Green indicates that closer contact is acceptable to you (for example, if you might be already vaccinated), yellow means you're open to social interaction as long as distance and masks are maintained, and red means please keep your distance from me.
- Review the most current health and travel guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) and local health agencies.
- Be aware of all current travel restrictions and guidance. Many states and jurisdictions have travel quarantines that are subject to change at any time.
- You may want to visit the CDC Self-Checker, an online tool that will walk you through a series of questions about possible COVID-19 symptom questions and next steps.
See you this June!