ASTA Events in DC
Join ASTA friends and colleagues for ASTA's annual "Storm the Hill" event, where you can make an impact with your Senator or Congressman to voice the importance and value of the seed industry and our key issues.
ASTA International Executive Committee members are encouraged to stay for this important April 22 event. Likewise, for ASTA Executive Committee members, April 22 is considered the first day of the three-day Executive Committee meeting.
All other ASTA members - please make plans to join us as ASTA policy staff guide you through one of the most meaningful and impactful ways to see your association's work come to life and make an impact on the future of our entire industry.
ASTA will hold three important events in Washington, DC in April 2020:
- ASTA International Executive Committee, April 20-21
- Monday, April 20: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 21: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Storm the Hill advocacy day, April 22
- Storm the Hill will kick off the afternoon of Tuesday, April 21 with a Capitol Hill happy hour where participants will receive briefing materials and mingle with other advocates. Attendees will spend Wednesday, April 22 on Capitol Hill participating in meetings with lawmakers and their staff to discuss issues impacting the seed industry. Participants will be free to return home after 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday evening.
- ASTA Executive Committee Meeting, April 23-24
- Storm the Hill is considered to be Day One of the ASTA Executive Committee meeting.
- Day 2: Thursday, April 23, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Day 3: Friday, April 24, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
The "Register" link above can be used by ASTA members and any committee members of either committee. Register today to join us for an active ASTA week in our Nation's Capital!
For all three events, ASTA has a room block at the Grand Hyatt Washington D.C. at a special group rate. A link to hotel reservations is provided at the end of the online registration process. Reservations must be made by March 17, 2020 in order to use the ASTA group rate at $309 per night.